ANXIETY.

                                              

When I was 17, my family rushed me into the emergency room due to high fever, and I couldn't move at all. I was temporarily paralyzed! It was 12 am when my family carried me to the nearest clinic and the doctor there told us to go to a hospital instead since it was a severe case. A week and a couple of tests later, the diagnosis came in and I was diagnosed with anxiety. 

I've been dealing with it for 7 years now, the attacks are some what lesser since I have learned to cope with it. If you face the same issue let me shed some light on it for you. 



BREATHE

This is the utmost crucial technique, when things weigh you down all you have to do is take a couple of deep breaths and let it all go. Inhale, exhale. You will be amazed by the wonders this technique does. If you are really unable to catch your breath, just breathe into a plastic bag or paper bag. 


                                                         Tripped Triggers – Fuel For The Race

TRIGGER POINTS

You should learn your trigger points, what causes your anxiety attack. For example, a few years back I struggled with anger issues, I'd get my attack whenever I was furious about something. I slowly learned to tone down my temper, and work on my issues. The attacks started happening less frequently. 


Baking is my distraction.

DISTRACTION

We all tend to overthink, nobody escapes from it. Hence, it is ideal to create some distractions. Pick up a new skill, enhance yourself, Google the latest news and keep yourself up-to-date, create something. It is impossible to not feel good when you create something, be it an article, art, music, video, comedy, we all have our talents. 

SUPPORT 

Let your closest friends and family know about condition, tell them about your trigger points and what to do in case you have your attack at any time of the day. Talk it out to person you trust the most. 

EXERCISE

Personally, Yoga helped me a lot. I'm not exactly a yogini, but it was something. I learned yoga from YouTube when I was 18, it helped me to calm down, let go, improved my posture and de-cluttered my mind.  

CHALLENGE YOURSELF

When you are so scared to do something and have your attack, cry, let it out, and do it anyway. Don't let this stop you from doing anything at all. Take yourself up on the challenge. Tough love, sweetheart. 


My happy place. 

VISUALIZE

Visualizing your happy place when having an attack or after proves to have positive effects on a person. Mine is at a beach during sunset, nobody in sight. Just the ocean, sky, nature, and me. It even manifested in my case. 


Affirmations have this effect. 

 AFFIRMATIONS

Use affirmations: I am strong, I am bold, I am beautiful, I am peace. I am enough. Trust me, you become your affirmations. You may do this first thing in the morning, throughout the day and before you go to bed. Anytime, really. 


It's okay to take time out for yourself. 

 ME - TIME

Anxiety comes along with irritability. When you encounter this, take some time out for yourself, disconnect from your devices and people. Put on a face pack, sip some green tea / wine, meditate, sleep it off, get some comfort food, read, write, go for a walk, just anything, suit yourself. You will come back energized and feeling better. 

LIST IT DOWN

When you have a constant worry, write all the pros and cons, worst case scenarios, think of a back up plan; how you will deal with the situation. When you are prepared, you will feel like you can take on the world at its worst. 

These have worked wonders for me and now I have less than 5 panic attacks in a year. It is not something to be ashamed of, embrace yourself. You are a whole package and nobody can be YOU! 

Comments

Popular Posts