Bonjour!

       
    Bonjour, this is my very first blog so I might as well give a brief explanation of what "A Cup Of Zeal" will be about. For a start, it's called what it's called because I'm very much keen to blog about how dark clouds of grey could be turned into stripes of rainbow with adequate time, basket full of experience, an ounce of patience, and also a generous spread of willpower. As the old saying goes, "there's always a silver lining in any given situation for everything happens for a reason". Our job as humans is to merely find that silver lining and be grateful for it because the reasons are always greater than us.

      Another reason for me to start this blog is to spread positivity since I could really do with some myself. The truth of "surround yourself with positive people" didn't really hit me till the end of last year when I found myself slowly sinking into a hovering cloud of depression and my ankles chained firmly to anxiety due to mixing a little too much with pessimists who see nothing but the faults in every single, mundane thing. The once happy, positive girl was slowly disappearing without me acknowledging, I was no more the poster girl for positivity, all that remained of me was a heavy, drowning version of a complete pessimist who I can barely recognize. It wasn't me. It still isn't me, exactly. 

    Even though I seem to have it all in life, perfect friends, my sunshine, happy family, dream job, new found opportunities, enough money, potluck of health, remarkable colleagues, something never seems to be right. Just the bugging, nagging thought that this might all be taken away from me at any given time, much like a haze of darkness surrounding me, suffocating me, and nothing else. The negative chain of thoughts are endless, thoughts like my family will die in a car crash, my friends wouldn't like me anymore, my sunshine will decide it's time for nightfall and leave me in permanent blackout. You know, unnerving thoughts like this which I try so hard to stop, I try to distract myself by reading a book, drinking warm tea, and praying it away, but no. The feeling can't be helped at all but a warrior will never give up, instead I will stand up to it, fight it with all I have left, challenge it with every morsel of remaining energy, and command it away into the obscurity for good. 

    In case you are wondering, this is my journey to get back my old positive self, to find the lost poster girl of positivity within myself and this time, to stay. To learn how not to allow the weight of the world to engulf me, to cope with listening to other people's issues without being affected by it, to lend a helping hand to those in need without landing myself in a mess of pure cow dunk and also to mix around with all type of people and let my optimism shine through instead of letting their pessimism rain dogs on me. 

P/S: Just so you know, you can also read about my food hunting journey, my takes on recent movies, current issues, a sneak peak through the curtains of my personal life, reviews of books / must reads for bookworms like me, and oh, if you ever need a little nudge or a quick wake up call, there's always the 'Breakthrough' column.

Welcome to A Cup Of Zeal, and I promise you that it will be Ever So Refreshing! :) 


Comments

Anonymous said…
👏👍👌

Popular Posts