COVID - 19 Trends


It has been 2 months plus since our PM announced the lock down and it has gradually shifted to a conditional movement control order (CMCO). 

Not all of us are used to being caged up, in fact most of us are doing our level's best not to be claustrophobic and get used to it day by day with tiny baby steps. 

Even though some of us are working from home, we still have some time to kill since we do not have to travel for work.

With that being said, here are the trends of what we as a world were up to during this pandemic when we were busy saving lives from the comfort of our own home! (What a time to live in) 

In no particular order ... 

Cooking - Those who could cook enhanced their skills while those who had no clue learned to cook. From zero to master chef (myself included). We satisfied our cravings in the safest way possible and with the luxury of the internet, almost anything could be done! 



Dalgona Coffee - is a creamy drink made by whipping up (literally) equal proportions of instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until it becomes creamy and then adding it to cold milk. According to your taste buds, you can even top it up with cocoa powder or almost anything you like. We went crazy and all out with our special, home                              made Dalgona Coffee. 

Netflix and Chill? - We did quite a lot of this, at least according to my social media feed. What with so many incredible series and movies such as Money Heist, Extraction, Locke & Key, so goes the list. Stay tuned to my upcoming blog post for this. 

YouTubeCan't deny the fact that we had a gala time watching all our favorite YouTubers, influencers, etc without time limit this time around. My personal favorites are Tanesh and Joshua. Let me know your favorites in the comment section below. :P Even people who did not have a YouTube channel previously are documenting life during lock down by starting their own channel. I'm so happy for them. Good luck guys. <3 

Podcasts - Spotify and many other platforms have an unbelievable collection of podcasts and many of us managed to take advantage of this beauty! There are podcasts about true crime, conspiracy theories, movie critics, sports, horror stories, etc. If you haven't listen to podcasts, its about time! 

TikTok - Even people who swore they would never do a single TikTok in their life caved in during this pandemic. I mean, who could we blame?! At least, they did not harm anybody. The "No Rush" challenge especially was a big hit among the netizens. 



Social MediaIt would be a shame and a lie if I didn't add this to the list. We keep scrolling Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Whatsapp Stories all day and night no matter what. I repeat, NO MATTER WHAT! Oh, and did I forget the social media drama? Hold on, let me grab my popcorn...





Memes + Vaigei Puyal Vadivelu - Yes, I'm Indian and I'm proud of it. But you should know who Vadivelu is because he is a legend! Ask your Indian friends and they shall enlighten you, my friend. We welcome you to the club. :) This combo especially has lighten up my lock down experience, honestly. A big thank you to all the meme creators out there. 




Sugu Pavithra - This is a whole chapter by itself. I will never forgive myself if Sugu Pavithra isn't part of this equation. Mad respect for her, simple cooking and politeness has won the entire Malaysia! Keep rocking, sister. I truly look up to her and I wish her all the greatest things.



She has reached 570K subscribers in such a short time span even though she just started a few months back. Don't worry Sugu Pavithra, we will be with you till you reach greater heights. A true inspiration!



Astro - I'm not quite sure about this, but apart from repeating the same movies we can't deny that we have to be grateful for Astro every once in a while. Although we pay a little too much to watch one or two shows a week, we still thank you Astro. 

So, there goes my list. You can also tell us how you spent your lock down period. C'mon, we are all ears. 

Comments

Popular Posts