YOU Suck!

                                                   
Penn Badgley as Joe Goldberg in YOU
Spoiler Alert!

YOU is a series which is streaming on Netflix, it is on its second season now and receiving quite the response from viewers from all melts of potpourri. The series stars our "Gossip Girl", Penn Badgley as its lead. Allow me to briefly explain what its all about before we dive in to today's topic.

This phenomenal yet nonchalant series is about a serial killer, Joe Goldberg (starred by Penn Badgley) who stalks girls, make them fall in love with him, murders anyone who threatens their relationship or comes between them, and alas he murders the girls as well!

Sounds creepy as shit? Well, it is and yet, we find all the girls swooning over Joe Goldberg like there's no tomorrow.

I mean of course, its Penn Badgley! He is hot, sweet, charming, sexy, cute, all in one package. What's not to like? But is it seriously based only on the looks? As shallow as that?

What's not to love about Penn Badgley?!
Does this mean if there is a hot serial killer at large all the girls will actually queue up and say "take me?" Don't get me wrong, that is the way it is with Penn Badgley and the Joe Goldberg character! Sweet Jesus, I'm dumbfounded.

Believe it or not, most of the girls are romanticizing Joe Goldberg's character and even tweeted Penn Badgley about it. One girl even said "Please kidnap me" to which Badgley replied "no thanks".

Image result for penn badgley you tweets - kidnap me
"Kidnap me please" Tweet by a fan-girl. 

Some of the Tweets Penn Badgley got

Nobody seemed to mind that he is a serial killer!

Penn Badgley was urging the internet to look at the character of Joe Goldberg.
I must admit it, all of us especially girls have a soft spot for Joe Goldberg given his rough childhood. But even so, it doesn't justify his deeds or intentions.

In the beginning, I thought he just wants someone to love him back for who he really is but at the end of season 2 I was proven wrong. (Watch it if you want to know why) Really, it was at the end of season 2 when I started questioning my notion of Joe Goldberg.

Like why do I like a possessive psycho so much? What's about him? He is a goddamn serial killer for Christ's sake! It was like a wake up call to me, more like a dawning epiphany about what was really shown to me black and white all this while and yet I failed to see it.

With that, I began my extensive research about the said topic and the series was actually made as a thought provoking substance and to create awareness of and for these kind of people.

Picture from a Scene - YOU
Clearly in the series, Joe Goldberg tried so hard to make amends and turn over a new leaf but all in vain. He was supposed to seek help from a professional which he did not. Maybe if someone is going through the same situation as he is, then maybe they could seek some help. (They probably won't but its just a thought).

Also, its a lesson for all of us on how to behave on social media as it is a double edged sword. To spread consciousness of the tell tale signs of a toxic person, the red flags and to scrape off the concept that serial killers have fangs and look weird. No! They are one of us and look just like the rest of us, if not better.

Badgley was crestfallen when so many girls started falling in love with Joe Goldberg, he was alarmed as he (Joe Goldberg) is a murderer! People are supposed to hate him and it is a stark example of what we are supposed to avoid.

No matter how good looking, how charming, or how sexy a person is, if he or she is a serial killer at the end of the day that is definitely someone we will have to avoid at all cost.

Let's remind ourselves, SERIAL KILLER Joe Goldberg!
It is scary how our society - myself included, can fall for looks and just disregard a person's intentions, behavior, habits and completely misread a person for who they really are.

I really liked Joe Goldberg even though he is a serial killer because initially I thought he had pretty good reasons for the murders, but that was just until the end of season 2 when I really saw him for what he actually is. Yeah, you can't blame me I'm a slow learner.

Thank God I came to my right senses and started disregarding all the soft spots for Joe Goldberg but not Penn Badgley. The innocent look on his face is always apt for all the bad boy characters. He most certainly did an awesome job, 5 stars! ✯✯✯✯✯

P/S: Girls, please don't queue up for a serial killer and say "take me" just because he is drool - worthy!

Comments

Popular Posts