Books



When I was just little, my family would spend our Sunday mornings reading. It can be anything; newspaper, magazines, novels, comics, as long as we read something it was fine by our parents.

There were also other times when my parents would bring us to the bookstore once every two weeks and get each of us a storybook or novel. Then, we would get some garlic bread and ice cream before heading home.

Once at home, my siblings and I would exchange our novels to see what the other one's was about and we would even get to read each other's choices after we were done with ours.

Garage sales with second-hand books were a dream come true and our nightstands would always be piled up with stacks of to-be-read (TBR) books. Not a day went by where we did not read even just a page. Talk about good ol' days!




Reading is a carefully crafted art which thank God, my family instilled in me. I still remember reading my very first novel with big words in it: "Little Women and Good Wives". Yes, a total classic.

I was just 13 and did not understand anything and that's when my sister told me: "reading is an art, taste and roll the words on your tongue, read slowly, you will see the picture in your head, look up the new words and re-read that sentence again to see if it makes more sense and you'll get there".

Those words were my mantra and I lived by them day in and day out. Boy, did I read after that?! My TBR list grew since then, from Nancy Drew, Nicholas Sparks, Sophie Kinsella, Dan Brown, Jodi Piccoult, to Charlotte Bronte, you name it and I've read it.




I fell topsy turvy in love with each and every character I came across, bookstores are like cathedrals to me and book sales are my carnivals. Oh, and writing just came with the package as a bonus.

With every last sentence I read, I crave for more, a different story, a funnier plot, an everlasting romance, a mind numbing crime scene, an exasperating thriller, a nail biting edge and just like I always say: with every last sentence of every novel, its very much like the last crumb of pizza I never want to finish.

Comments

Popular Posts