Crust of Frust

Image result for pinterest diwali

Oh Hell Yeah, Deepavali is right around the corner yet again. I'm not sure about the others, but this time it is a little different for me and my family. For starters, my paternal grandmother (dad's mom) passed away early this year. Then we had to say goodbye to my maternal aunt (mom's sister) and another uncle. 


Not that I was particularly close to any of them, just a little hi, how are you here and there but let me tell you that it does make a difference. A lot of difference actually. My parents decided that we will celebrate Deepavali either way and leave the past exactly where it should be. 

Uh-huh, I can hear your mind voice. "So ... how is it different?" I can't exactly put a finger on it, but we did very little shopping, no cookies, no decor, nothing, instead we planned to go around to our relatives' and friends' places. You know just to drop by and say hi, enjoy the food and delicacies sort of thing. 

It just seems like the world wouldn't stop spinning no matter what, even when you feel like it rightfully should. That's exactly how our short trip on Earth works, doesn't it? It just keeps going and so should we, no matter how hard or impossible it gets. 

As the clock ticks and years go by, we get older and the people we have known all our lives are singing 'Auld Lang Syne' ony by one. 

So for this Deepavali, we shall forgive and forget all the bygones and leave it lurk in the shadows behind us except for the big, cruel deeds, if you know what I mean. The other small misunderstandings, heart aches and silly things which cake our lives beautifully can be left to dissolve in the wind. 

Because at the end of the day when people depart from us to the Creator, we will miss them dearly even if we only used to meet those people occasionally. That, my friend, is a given. Let's all cherish each other and enjoy the moment while it still lasts. 

To everyone out there, I'd love to take this opportunity to wish you and your beloved family a happy Deepavali, may this festival of lights bring you buckets of joy, gallons of happiness, big golden pots of prosperity and profound peace!





Comments

Popular Posts