Christmases So Far

My friend Raynuga and I - 2015 


As I was aimlessly scrolling down my Facebook page I came across the memories segment which shows what we were up to last year or two years ago on this day and I am more than glad to tell you that it brought about a fresh wave of nostalgia.

I can't remember exactly but during my childhood and teen years my Christmases would be spent by going out with family members, going for movies, chilling at home, hanging out with my cousin, going for vacations, and just about that. Unfortunately, Facebook didn't have this memory feature back then and we weren't all that absorbed into technology, so the memories are distant but I dare tell you those were the good times when I got breaks for a whole lot of a month and didn't worry about not getting paid enough. 

Fast forward a couple of years and here we are in the memory of 2015 when I went out with one of my dearest friend; Raynuga. We didn't go to any place fancy but to a humble mall in Klang Valley just to watch a movie since we were rushing to get back home early. The picture of us near a Christmas tree was all it took to bring back a flood of recollection; those were quality times when we met after quite some time since we were interning at totally different places and didn't get to see each other all that much. 

Do not ask me about 2016 for it was all a blur and I can't recall a single thing, its like the chunk of 2016 December just blacked out from my memory bank for better or worse. 

Yet, here we are in 2017 Christmas where all I'm doing is working, recovering, and reminiscing the good old days when I got to stay at home during public holidays, when I was allowed to have longer weekends, when I was able to do other things rather than work but as life catches up with us we got to do what we got to do without paying much heed to how we feel. Nevertheless, I am so grateful for technology which is able to track what we were up to a year or so ago to remind us of our journey and how far we have come. 

So merry Christmas everyone; let's spread the joy! 

Comments

Popular Posts