Let's do this!




       Hi again beautiful people, I'm so glad to be writing yet another piece of blog post. Lately I've not been doing quite as well like I used to or perhaps I just feel that way. After taking a gap year upon completing my Diploma, I planned to spend the year working to gain some experience along with a few hundred bucks to spare before continuing my Degree. But then again, whoever coined the term "man proposes, God disposes" proved to have been kicked on the teeth by life. Sure enough, I spent the first half of my gap year working, after the contract ended I planned to take a month rest and continue with another job for the second half. 


      Little did I know God had some other plans for me, I'm everything but a superstitious person but I do believe in fate, destiny, and His screenplay where we are merely puppets. After my not-so-long vacation, I began hunting for a job high and low, in every nook and corner and I did land one or two jobs but the surrounding was either too depressing or it was modern day slavery so I had to quit both jobs. Now, I'm a person who wouldn't want to drag my feet to work everyday or dread every waking hour and that is the very reason I couldn't cope with those two jobs even for a bit for it was much like a poorly designed, computerized routine. Same old shit but a different day kind of thing, day in and day out. 

       After those two jobs I didn't feel like working again because the jobs I love and actually secured were way too far away and demanded my own transportation which is not within my league, whereas I keep getting more and more odd jobs by the day which as I mentioned earlier is nothing more than modern day slavery where they squeeze the life out of you and drain all the energy you have and so I begin again from square one. It is not an easy pursuit for someone who has never had trouble getting the job she wants, but nothing worth comes easy. 

      I was zooming in all the minuses of the situation that I forgot to give gratitude for all the plus, now that I have an abundance of time I should stop being frustrated and start appreciating every second and work on myself. I could write my blog more precisely, hand pick every word, check word by word for any grammatical errors, I could run more to improve my marathon skills, I could start working on the book I've always wanted to, I could catch up on all the movies I left out, I could plan and work on my YouTube videos that I never came around to, I could read more, I could meditate more, I could plan my future, I could do these things and many more. 

     Of course, easier said than done but no harm trying though. I am eternally grateful for the luxury of time because I am well aware that not many people have been awarded with this gift; people are constantly busy with work and social life. I have seen the face of working life, now I am simply experiencing the extravagance of time. 

      I am taking this in stride and looking at this as an opportunity instead of a setback, this is not the end of the world, I am just free for sometime and in this world where everybody's constantly on the go, it can seem a bit overwhelming and it often is, you feel as if you are getting nowhere with nothing to do, but this is simply the time to let go of all the worries and work on something bigger than yourself. 

     At least, that's exactly what I'm trying so hard to do and I believe I could, for nothing in this world is permanent and this too my dear friend, shall past. With that been said, I will continue to trudge through this pile of mud till I reach the field of daisies in the hunt for some aspiration. I'll roll up my sleeves, tie my hair up, put on some thug music, and get down to it. Let's do this! 

Comments

Unknown said…
I forsee the next lily singh @superwoman in the making

Popular Posts